There are 10 Circles of Hell in Journey. Each Circle contains 5 bosses to defeat. Each defeated boss gives you cards and Ancient Coins. Each boss must also be defeated to unlock the next one, though some bosses require you to be in high enough league to unlock them as well.
You can defeat each boss once per day for free. To fight a boss again afterwards, you must either wait until the next day or spend gems.
After defeating the same boss five times the amount of cards it gives after a win and its power increases. The amount of rewarded Ancient Coins stay the same. The maximum level of bosses is fixed at 26.
Journey attempts Edit
Each fight also uses one of your attempts, represented by swords icons. When you run out of them you have to wait or spend gems. Attempts recharge every 6 hours up to maximum of five attempts. When you rank up your hero all your attempts are restored. You also sometimes receive a journey attempt as a reward for winning in Brawl. You can also pay for extra Journey attempts: with VIP 10 you get a sixth attempt, and with VIP 16 you get a seventh.
Circles of HellEdit
Numbers in [brackets] denote the initial level for the given boss.
1 Circle of HellEdit
- Acolyte (Named Battle Mage in Journey, Special skill: at the start of enemy turn, random enemy gets +1 ATK)
- Wood Spirit (Special skill: at the start of enemy turn, random enemy gets +2 HP)
2 Circle of HellEdit
- Archer (league 28)
- Ancient (league 27; Special skill: when you summon a unit, it takes 2 damage)
- Bunny (Special skill: at the end of enemy turn, random enemy gets +3 ATK)
3 Circle of HellEdit
- Fire Mage
- Cat Lady
- Leaf Child
- Bowmaster (league 19; Special skill: at the end of enemy turn, summons 2 Archers on enemy side)
4 Circle of HellEdit
- Love Mage (Special skill: at the start of enemy turn, all non-Chaos units take 2 damage)
- Prophet (league 16; Special skill: at the end of your turn, all your units lose theif buffs and skills)
5 Circle of HellEdit
6 Circle of HellEdit
- Cat Lady
- Untouchable (Special skill: each unit gets Mental Shield)
- Void Juggler (league 11; Special skill: each turn 1 ATK runes appear on the enemy side)
7 Circle of HellEdit
- Leaf Child
- Lady Clair (Special skill: at the start of enemy turn, towers summon Archers behind themselves)
- Wrathy (league 10; Special skill: at the end of enemy turn, enemy towers are healed for 10 HP)
8 Circle of HellEdit
- Baby Rattle 
- Argios  (Special skill: Nature heroes appear: all enemy units get +7 ATK for one turn)
- Drow 
- Lady Curl (league 9; Special skill: Male appear: all enemies get +9 ATK)
9 Circle of Hell Edit
- Gartantos 
- Satyr 
- Drow (Special skill: Order heroes appear: Warlord gets 10 damage)
- Lolli Pop (Special skill: Give Mental Shield to ally entering the battlefield)